Tips for setting up your reminders
Do you want to…
- Remember your employees’ birthdays and be able to congratulate them on time? Send an automated email reminder to a delegated person to organise a card and cake to celebrate your employee’s big day?
- Want to set up a return or replacement day for all your company’s property? Be sure to collect all your company’s property when it’s due to expire?
- Issue a reminder to tell your manager when their new subordinate’s probation period is about to fall due and how they need to proceed?
- Or remind HR and your other personnel about any other important matter within you organisation?
If you answered yes to any of these you might want to have a look at the following Basics & Beyond tips and consider setting up your reminders.
Within the EC HRexpress, there are currently 5 easily activated reminders that may be beneficial to your organisation. They include:
- Birthday due in 7 days – Remind HR that birthdays are due in 7 days
- Company property – Advise HR that company property issued is due to expire and has not been returned. The reminder checks for any records with an expiry date less than or equal to current date/time and Returned is ‘null’.
- Immigration Expiry – Advise HR that employee passport or visa information has or is due to expire. The reminder checks for any records with an expiry date less than or equal to current date/time.
- License Expiry – Advise HR that employee license or accreditation information has or is due to expire. The reminder checks for any records with an expiry date less than or equal to current date/time.
- Probation date expires in 5 days – Alert HR Manager that an employee’s probation date expires in 5 days
To activate the reminders, go to System management menu and locate Reminders in the Communications area.
By clicking on the icon adjacent to a specific reminder, you will be able to view the details of that reminder. To make the reminder active, select active in the Status pick list and click Submit.
Once activated, when Taskmaster runs, usually once a day but depending on your settings, the reminder will automatically send an email notification, including the relevant details to the user with ‘Human’ in their position title e.g. Human Resources Administrator.
Within HRpro and HRenterprise, you have the ability to design and create your own email reminders. Whether they are the same reminders as in HRexpress you want or your own preferences, within HRpro and HRenterprise you are able to create reminders to anyone within your organisation � not just for your HR personnel. Whether it is your OH&S Coordinator or President of the Social Club who needs to be reminded about any important matter, you, as system administrator have the ability to set up the required reminders.
Please contact your EC consultant for further information or assistance.