HRINZ HR Expo 2008
HRINZ HR Expo is the largest Human Resources Expo in New Zealand and is an integral component to the HRINZ HR Conference. This year the Expo was held in Wellington during 4th and 5th of September. The theme of the expo this year was “Sustaining Work” and was incorporated by the four main themes: Employment Sustainability, Economics Sustainability, Environmental Sustainability, and Community Sustainability. EmployeeConnect took this seriously and made sure that we did everything we could to be in line with the theme of the expo this year. Below are 7 sustainable choices we made to sustain our environment.
- EmployeeConnect’s workflow solutions are designed to connect and transport information and forms, reduce and eliminate the paper-based processes in day-to-day HR paper-based workload
- Minimise paper waste by reducing paper brochure hand outs to one double sided brochure per delegate
- Long lasting giveaways – magic cubes
- When in Wellington, walk to the Expo instead of using transportation
- Reduce the use of Courier Post by taking all marketing related materials with us
- Utilise international travel by visiting clients prior to and after the Expo in Wellington and Christchurch
- When in Wellington, staff stayed at friends’ place’s
In addition, EmployeeConnect team would like to say many thanks to all of the conference delegates and day visitors for taking part in HRINZ HR Expo 2008 and visiting us at our stand.
We also would like to congratulate Emma Sullivan, Operation Coordinator from The University of Auckland Business School, who won a $250 Westfield Gift Voucher.
We hope you all enjoyed the Ferrero Chocolate and had a lot of fun with the magic cubes. If you simply can not remember who we were, we were the magic cubes guys!!
For the ones who we didn’t have a chance to meet and talk to at the expo this year we look forward to seeing you at our future events.